South32 seeks to recruit Boilermakers qualifying candidates. The purpose of the role is to be responsible for timely installation, repair and maintenance of equipment to ensure that mining activities are executed in a safe manner as well as operate equipment and tests all working parts in functional area to ensure proper utilization.
- BOILERMAKER (TMM) – SOUTH32, WESSELS MINE
- Job no: 783357
- Location: South Africa – Hotazel
- Interprets and coordinates pre-work with regards to repairs, interpretation of hydraulic diagrams, planned and predictive maintenance;
- Accesses any area safely to perform necessary maintenance on machines or equipment;
- Performs safety inspections of equipment and assesses risks on equipment;
- Maintains a clean and safe work site;
- Ensures the upkeep of maintenance tools and equipment
- Serious contenders will have N2 Technical Certificate (Internal Candidate) / N3 Technical Certificate / Grade 12 with Mathematics & Science together with a recognized Boilermaker/Plater Trade Test with a minimum of 2 years’ technical experience as a qualified boilermaker working on Heavy mining equipment;
- Valid Code 08 Driver’s license is essential;
- Experience in Earthmoving Equipment Boiler-making or Maintaining Earthmoving Machines (Atlas Copco, Aard, Sandvik and LDVs) will be an added advantage;
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, manufacture and fabricate engineering structures is essential;
- Working experience in SAP/1SAP will be an added advantage.