Sappi seeks to recruit the qualified candidates for Chargehand Fitter. The incumbent in this position coordinates the activities of Fitters as planned and scheduled by the Mechanical Foreman and provides technical assistance to Fitters to install, maintain, service and repair mechanical equipment according to engineering standards and objectives.
- Reports To The Mechanical Foreman Utilities And Services
- To support the Mechanical Foreman and assist in the management and supervision of personnel.
- To assume a leadership role on site with regard to the work being carried out and by following & implementing the Mill safety plan & rules.
- To ensure that employees have safety training to carry out their work.
- To carry out section inspection checks and internal audit (weekly & daily) on equipment and action items.
- To manage the labour resources on site to ensure efficient working.
- To reduce costs as far as possible.
- To check all materials before being installed to ensure they are fit for use & comply with the project specifications.
- Planning & Organizing
- Initiative / Proactive
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full N3 with Mechanical subjects
- Mechanical Trade test Certificate
- Minimum 3 years’ plant operations experience
- Computer Literate (MS Office Package)
- SAP knowledge will be advantageous