Sasol seeks to hire qualified candidates for Mechanical Fitters vacancy. All information regarding the position is provided below.
- Operating entity: SA Ops: Secunda Synfuels Operations
- Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
- Job Designation: Artisan Mechanical Fitter: Gr 2
Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) operates the world’s largest coal-to-liquids (CTL) facility and produces synthesis gas (syngas) through coal gasification and natural gas reforming, using Sasol’s unique and proprietary Fischer-Tropsch technology to manufacture synthetic fuel components, pipeline gas and chemical feedstock. To cost effectively ensure the availability of safe and reliable assets for production.
- Maintenance on mechanical equipment
- Fault finding inspection of plant equipment
- Comply to all relevant safety standards / codes
- Identify all unsafe conditions and bring under attention of management
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Extensive experience after qualifying as an artisan mechanical fitter
- Experience in pressure testing
- Extensive experience on mechanical maintenance in a Petro Chemical environment
- Maintenance on: Filters, pumps, valves, piping, flanges, cooling towers, heat exchangers, drum, tanks, compressors and steam condensers
- Knowledge of the SAP system
- Experience in Permit RSA
- Willing to work shifts
- Experience/maturity/accountability in accepting permits and supervising others
- Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science, English
- Qualified Artisan Fitter (NQF4 Sasol or equivalent), Trade test
Artisan Facebook Groups