Sasol seeks to recruit qualified candidates for Electrical Maintenance vacancy. All information related to the position is provided.
- Operating entity: Satellite Operations
- Geographical Location: Germiston, Gauteng, South Africa
Comprises a diverse portfolio of operations that includes a 3 000 km network of natural gas, methane-rich gas, chemicals and fuel pipeline infrastructure, a wax blending plant and two explosives operations. In addition, we are responsible for operating assets owned by two joint ventures, namely Republic of Mozambique Pipeline Investment Company (ROMPCO) and Sasol Dyno Nobel (SDN).
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure continuous Gas Pipeline Protection through effective Maintenance and Monitoring of Electrical and Cathodic Protection Equipment.
- Adhere to all Satellite Operations Safety Policies, Rules and Procedures
- Working knowledge of basic Cathodic Protection installations
- Electrical maintenance on above-ground gas pipeline installations
- Be able to Conduct Inspections, Maintain, Repair and Fault find on Cathodic Protection Equipment
- Installation and setting up of data loggers to take 24-Hour recordings at Cathodic Protection Test Posts
Job Requirements (Must)
- Grade 12 with Mathematics, Science & English or N3 Electrical.
- Driver’s licence: at least Code C1 (old Code 10)
- NQF Level 2 Advantageous
- Some Electrical experience in an Industrial Environment, preferably Petro-chemical (pipeline-related)
- Some experience with Cathodic Protection systems in the Petro-chemical or Pipeline Environment will be an added advantage
- Computer Literacy