Samancor seeks to recruit qualified candidates for Miners for the current available vacancy. All information regarding the position is provided below.
- Location: Rustenburg
- Reference Number: SC-627
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To effectively operate a stoping panel and/or development during a shift by ensuring safe working practices, continuous inspection of panel and/or end conditions, planning to achieve operational targets and monitoring the availability of resources. The miner has legal accountability for stoping panel/ development and blasting in terms of the MHSA. Will be required to contribute and assist the panel team with the execution of all the panel tasks.
- Comply with SHEQ requirements (SHEQ Toolbox)
- Utilise the Information Management System (IMS) to initiate, investigate and report SHEQ status
- Stope width control / over break control
- Square meters produced / Development meters produced
- Conduct shift preparation duties correctly safely and according to standards
- Entry examination to standard
- Monitor and control a production section during a shift
- Record and communicate any deviations from the normal blasting sequence to the Mining Supervisor in the Daily report
- Complete end shift reports
- Receive and document all explosives received and used in his/her area of responsibility
- Declare workplace safe before normal mining operations start daily
- Grade 10/N1
- Blasting Certificate or National Rock breaking certificate
- Mine Health and Safety Act (4.1 to 4.4) Appointment
- At least 5 years’ experience in Production, 2 years Supervisory experience
- Medical fitness as per organizational requirements.