South32 seeks to recruit qualified candidates for Artisan Riggers vacancy. More information is provided below.
- Artisan Riggers – WOLVEKRANS COLLIERY (SAEC)
- Job no: 783199
- Work type: Full Time – Permanent
- Location: South Africa – (Witbank) Emalahleni
The purpose of this role is to safely plan and execute rigging work and conduct statutory inspections of rigging equipment and perform maintenance on draglines.
- Perform pre-engineering studies in order to undertake rigging activities;
- Determine the lifting and moving requirements and the rigging equipment requirements;
- Conduct routine inspections as and when required;
- Manage the transport of abnormal loads and supervise advanced mobile crane operations;
- Perform pre-use maintenance and inspection on lifting machinery and equipment;
- Perform preventative maintenance on draglines and Earth Moving Equipment;
- Sound knowledge ofdragline ropes and chains;
- Monthly inspections on all lifting equipment;
- Comply with the Maintenance Work Management processes and strategies;
- Compile Registers of all rigging equipment;
- Keep all registers up to date.
- Serious contenders will have a Grade 12 with Mathematics & Science / N3 technical certificate with a Rigger / Ropes man trade test with 3 years’ experience in a mining / engineering environment;
- Valid Code 10 driver’s license is essential;
- Knowledge of SAP and MS Office Suite is an added advantage.