Sappi seeks to recruit qualified Mechanical Technicians for the current available vacancy. All information regarding the position is provided below.
Mechanical Technicians (HRL 15/S8 )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The incumbent in this position provides a high level of technical support to the Engineering and related Production departments, specifically relating to maintenance, fault diagnosis, plant optimization and projects, within established guidelines and standards, to ensure optimum plant availability in a safe and cost effective manner.
REPORTING TO: Mechanical Engineer
- Optimisation of equipment performance and availability
- Management of SAP PM orders. Daily consultation with Engineer and subordinates regarding maintenance tasks.
- Sourcing and cataloguing of maintenance spares.
- Install, maintain and repair a variety of mechanical equipment
- Assist with shut planning, preparation and execution
- Assist with the development of maintenance schedules for plant equipment in consultation with Engineer and Foreman.
- Fault-finding malfunctions of mechanical equipment within the plant.
- Providing technical support in troubleshooting
- Consulting condition monitoring reports, DCS trends and other information to determine mechanical problems on equipment.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Knowledge in maintenance practices including lubrication, alignment, instrumentation, planned maintenance, condition monitoring, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Understanding of Plant Operations and equipment layout.
- Knows and understands the budgeting policy and procedures of the organisation.
- Understanding of maintenance schedules.
- Project design and delivery
- Knowledge of plant maintenance systems, business processes (SAP), and best practices
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- S4 National Mechanical Diploma with 3 years experience OR
- N6 Mechanical with 5-10 years experience
- At least 2 years Supervisory experience
- SAP knowledge will be advantageous
- Project Management experience will be advantageous
- Pulp and Paper experience will be advantageous
Artisan Facebook Groups