Sasol seeks to recruit candidates for Welders position that is available. All information regarding the vacancy is provided below.
- Operating entity: Secunda Chemical Operations
- Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
General and pressure equipment welding maintenance and fabrication in the Machine workshop to enable production units to reach production targets.
- Inspection and general fault finding on trade related tools, machinery and workshop equipment.
- Maintenance welding on mechanical and pressure equipment.
- Welding with different processes on different materials to fabricate mechanical and pressure equipment.
- Comply with safety standards and codes.
- Identify unsafe acts and conditions and bring it to the attention of management.
- Provide on the job training and coaching to team members.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- 2 years working experience as a qualified welder after trade test.
- Petrochemical plant and equipment. (Wish)
- Pressure vessel fabrication will be an advantage. (Wish)
- Maintenance / refurbishing of pressure equipment.
- Knowledge of types and grades of materials.
- Knowledge of different types of processes and their application.
- Small bore and tube-to-tubesheet welding experience. (Wish)
- First line inspection of own work before supervisor and QC inspections.
- Deliver high quality work and maintain high productivity.
- Understand basic welding parameters such as run out ratio, heat input, welding symbols, pre-heat, etc.
- Correct consumable control and handling.
Practical test plate will be recruitment process
- Grade 12 with Math, Science and English or N3 with Math, Science and Business English
- NQF 4 Welder Occupational Trade certificate
- 2 years’ experience after qualifying