RCL Foods seeks to recruit qualifying candidates for Artisan Boilermakers vacancy. More information about the position is provided below.
- Job Title Artisan: Boilermaker
- Department Maintenance
- Job Type Classification Permanent
- Location – Town / City Rustenburg
- Location – Province Gauteng
- Location – Country South Africa
Job Description The primary objective of this position is to manufacture, modify, maintain, remove and install pipe work and any other fixture, structure or fitting. The incumbent from a manufacturing industry with vast experience will be prefered. This position will be based in Malelane.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manufacture, construct, fabrication and assembling of industrial plant and equipment: experienced in feeders, mills, screens, crushers, cyclones and conveyors.
- The ability to work with minimum supervision
- Use welding definitions and symbols.
- Align a steel structure using a dumpy level.
- Mark off and fabricate sections using the contour marker method
- Form and shape sheet, plate, pipe and structural section using power machinery.
- Lay out and fabricate metal structures.
- Lift and move a loads using mechanical lifting equipment.
- Work involves use of hand and power tools, plumb bobs, levels, wedges, dogs, turnbuckles, guillotine and press brake.
- Attend & maintain plant production equipment
- Responsible for ensuring that preventative plant maintenance is performed in a cost effective way to ensure minimum downtime and product losses
- Handle breakdowns in an effective manner
- Trade test certificate
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years post trade experience
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Prepared to work weekends, planned and unplanned overtime
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Mobile crane operating certificate will be an added advantage