South32 seeks to recruit interested and qualifying Boilermakers candidate for the current available vacancy. All information regarding the position is provided below.
- Boilermaker– South32, Wessels Mine Northern Cape
- Apply nowJob no: 783075
- Work type: Full Time – Permanent
- Location: South Africa – Hotazel
The purpose of this role is to safely develop, cut fabricate/assemble, weld and maintain metal components and structures.
- Develop and fabricate from complex drawings; Mark off basic regular engineering shapes;
- Cut drill and punch, assemble and mechanically join structural steel work;
- Cut materials using the oxy-fuel gas cutting process (manual cutting);
- Cut materials using hand tools (cold chisel and tin snips); Grind steel by means of pedestal / bench grinding machines and perform general grinding operations;
- Assemble and mechanically join sheet, plate, tube, pipe and steel sections;
- Form and shape sheet metal using hand or power operated machines;
- Serious contenders will have N2 Technical Certificate (Internal Candidate) / N3 Technical Certificate / Grade 12 with Mathematics & Science together with a recognized Welder/Plater Trade Test with a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a qualified boilermaker in a mining environment;
- Onsetter Certificate will be advantageous.
- Valid Code B (08) Driver’s License is essential;
- Knowledge of SAP is essential.