Samancor seeks to recruit qualified Maintenances Artisans for the current available position. All information is provided below.
- Reference Number: TFC-M004
Purpose Of The Job
To maintain low and high voltage instrumentation equipment used in the plant/industry
- Complete a risk assessment and obtain a work permit before a task is performed
- Perform the job as outlined in the Work Order and as per the detailed Task List
- Capture history & complete the notification to the required standard
- Confirm Work Order with the correct time and all details to the required standard
- Provide feedback to the Maintenance Supervisor on any task where there is a difference between the task instruction and the job requirements
- Calibration of all instrumentation equipment.
- Instrumentation maintenance, installations and commissioning.
- Perform minor PLC program changes if required
- Perform stand by duties on designated areas from time to time
- Report any bridging or plant stoppages during call outs immediately to the Senior Stand By.
- Inform the Instrumentation Senior Stand By should a call out extend longer than 3 hours
- Capture all data related to the call out to aid in determining the root cause in the form of a call out report to be distributed before you leave the site
- Communicate to the Senior Stand By when work is completed before you leave the site
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant N3/Grade 12
- Instrumentation Trade Test
- 3 Years’ relevant experience
- Computer Literacy
- Power Plant Experience will be advantageous
- Experience on ferrochrome smelter industries will be advantageous
- Valid driver’s licence (person should have a vehicle to perform standby duties)