Sasol seeks to employ a qualified Mechanical Technicians for the current available jobs. All information is provided below.
- Mechanical Technician (Non-Permanent Position)
- Operating entity: Sasol Synfuels Operations, Refining Mechanical
- Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Provide plant specific technical support to managers and engineers for the Clean Fuels Project – (practical application of technical solutions within a plant operations environment).
- Technical and maintenance knowledge of industrial reciprocal compressors
- Have a clear understanding of the Sasol Operations Standard Framework and assist the AM to execute to standard and identify improvement opportunities.
- Accountable to the area manager for the development and review of equipment maintenance strategies
- Accountable to the area manager for standardization of the equipment, including GO procedures, QCPs and BOM’s
- Actively drive Work Management systems and performance of area to ensure maintenance strategies are optimized in BU.
- Accountable to area manager as the project leader for shutdown executions (from front end loading to final clearance for operation)
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, this position requires physical fitness assessment as part of the selection criteria.
- A valid driver’s license
- Matric with English, Maths and Science
- National Diploma (Mechanical Engineering S4/T3).
- Wish – B Tech will be an advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ experience relevant to position