RCL FOODS is searching for a Diesels Mechanics to join our Logistics Division. This position will be based at our Vector Logistics depot in Midrand and will report to the Workshop Manager.
- Job Title Diesel Mechanic
- Department Maintenance
- Job Type Classification Permanent
- Location – Town / City Midrand
- Location – Province Gauteng
- Location – Country South Africa
The purpose of this role is to diagnose problems, make appropriate repairs, provide on-going maintenance and conduct periodic testing to ensure vehicles run smoothly and safely.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Implementation of Safety Health Environment, Risk and Quality (SHEQ)
- Stock Control
- Assistant Guidance
- Effective Teamwork and Self-Management
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and activities and demonstrate effective self-management in terms of planning and prioritising, and self-development.
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of work are consistently and accurately maintained.
- Inform relevant parties in the event of tasks or deadlines not met, the potential risks thereof and provide appropriate resolution.
- Manage colleagues and employees’ expectations and communicate appropriately.
- Demonstrate willingness to help others and “go the extra mile” to meet team targets and objectives.
- Vehicle engine performance and reliability; and compliance with accepted standards
- Accuracy and timeliness of problem identification and resolution
- Compliance with health and safety requirements
- State of the workshop
- Cost effectiveness of repairs
- Stock replenishment
- Assistant training coverage
- Valid Code EB drivers’ licence
- Matric And Qualified Diesel Mechanic
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a diesel mechanic.