Maintenance Artisan Diesel Mechanics
Samancor seeks to employ qualified Maintenance Artisan Diesel Mechanics for the current available Position. Interested and qualifying candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Work Level: Skilled
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Rustenburg
- Reference Number: SC-554
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To safely carry out preventive maintenance and repairs to the plant in line with documented work instructions.
- Perform the job as outlined in the Work Order and as per the detailed Task list.
- Capture history and complete the notification to the required standard.
- Confirm Work Order with the correct time and all details to the required standard.
- Provide feedback to the Maintenance Supervisor on any tasks where there is a difference between the task instruction and the job requirements.
- Communicate if spares, equipment or other factors were not available for the job on the work order and to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Generate notifications from inspections and sub subsequent notifications
- Perform isolation and lockout, and issue lockout documents
- Prioritise maintenance activities according to production requirements
- Record all data related to the stoppage on the works order
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12 / N3
- Trade Test (Section 13)
- 3 years relevant experience as an artisan.2 year’s supervisory experience.