Sappi seeks to employ Fitters for the current vacancy. The candidate will be Reporting to the Mechanical Foreman the successful candidate will be responsible for optimum plant availability by efficient maintenance, overhaul and repair of all machinery and equipment/mechanical systems according to engineering specifications and safety standards.
- Fits, assembles, grinds and shapes metal parts and sub-assemblies to fabricate production machines and other equipment.
- Schedule maintenance of Plant according to SAP Notifications and Planned Schedules.
- Identification and development of Annual and Incidental Shut Scope and Execution Programme applicable to all Plants in area of responsibility.
- Does fault finding on systems during breakdown and repair the problem to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Does daily and weekly inspections on equipment according to a detailed Check-List.
- Cover breakdowns after hours and weekends on a standby basis.
- Reports all unsafe acts to the Maintenance Foreman.
- Draws spares from Stores – picking list on computer, etc.
- Performs any other tasks given to him that fall within the scope of a Fitter.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Customer Focuss
- Operational Delivery
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Fitter Trade Test Certificate & N2 Engineering (N3 Desirable)
- Two years post – Apprenticeship experience in a heavy Engineering environment.