Artisan Aide Boilermakers
Sappi seeks to employ qualified Artisan Aide Boilermakers. The incumbent in this position will provide a basic engineering service to the Boilermaker as required in the plant according to engineering specifications and safety standards.
REPORTING TO: Mechanical Foreman
- Assists artisan with installation, repair and maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Ensures work is carried out in a safe manner and reports any unsafe conditions to the appropriate management level.
- Implements continuous improvement in areas of operation.
- Responsible for housekeeping in designated areas.
- Attends training as per Artisan Aide Development Program as & when required
- Collects Bill of material information.
- Carries out reasonable tasks and instructions given by line management.
- Understands the SHEQ requirements of the section.
- Adheres to environmental policy and procedures including
- Reduces waste
- Prevents spills
- Meets environmental targets which apply to his sphere of influence
- Complies with hazardous chemical handling procedures
- Complies with environmental legal requirements
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Problem solving
- Initiative / Proactive
- Aptitude for hand skills
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 / Matric Certificate and
- N2 Engineering Certificate (4 subjects) (N3 Desirable) or NCV Level 4 Mechanical
- Two years Engineering experience in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Welding or Boilermaking experience advantageous
- Overhead crane operation advantageous