Sappi Ngodwana Mill seeks to employ a Riggers to provide a specialist service to the customer with rigging and inspection of lifting equipment on a daily and shift basis throughout the Mill.
REPORTING TO the Rigging Foreman
- Liaise with the customer regarding rigging requirements and advise the Engineers, Foremen, Production Personnel regarding rigging requirements.
- Perform work scoping to ensure proper planning take place.
- Obtain the necessary work permit according to Sappi policy and assist production personnel with isolation process where required.
- Drive mobile cranes and machinery in the absence of crane drivers or when the job requires them to do so.
- Perform legal inspections for lifting equipment, complete registers and declare equipment fit for use, or take the required action when equipment fails inspections.
- Perform specialised rigging tasks by assessing requirements and calculating safe lifting angles, radii and loads for lifting equipment and mobile cranes.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Machine safety specifications
- Legal requirements
- Incident investigation
- Workplace safety
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 or N2 Engineering
- N3 Engineering would be preferred
- Recognised Trade Test Certificate as a Rigger
- 2 years post-apprenticeship experience in a heavy engineering environment will be advantageous
- Valid driver’s license EB
CLOSING DATE: 22 August 2018
Artisan Facebook Groups