South32 seeks to employ qualified Diesel Mechanic for the current available position. More information is provided below.
- Diesel Mechanic – Klipspruit Colliery (SAEC), Mpumalanga
- Job no: 781737
- Work type: Full Time – Permanent
- Location: South Africa – (Witbank) Emalahleni
The purpose of the role is to provide equipment maintenance service and to conduct technical analysis and equipment condition monitoring in a safe and sustainable manner.
- Serious contenders will have a Grade 12 with Mathematics and Science / N3 Technical Certificate / N2 Technical Certificate (internal candidates) with a relevant Diesel Mechanic Trade Test coupled with a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in Maintenance;
- Sound knowledge of CAT equipment;
- Experience with Fault finding (Mechanical) will be essential;
- Knowledge on hydraulic systems and wear check is essential;
- Knowledge of Vims, HIMS, SIS, Diagnostic systems is essential;
- Experience in SAP will be an added advantage;
- Computer literate in MS Office Suite will be advantageous.
- Develop, refine and document appropriate maintenance strategies for specific equipment types;
- Update, modify and maintain technical equipment specifications;
- Assess process failures pattern analysis for relevant equipment types;
- Ensures that standard is adhered to according to the maintenance strategy;
- Ensure that company standards for the performance of maintenance functions are consistently maintained;
- Investigates non-conformance to maintenance activities;
- Identifies areas for improvement and implement solutions.
Applications close: 23 Jul 2018 South Africa Standard Time
Artisan Facebook Groups