RCL Foods seeks to employ qualified Artisan Fitter. Details about the vacancy is provided below.
- Job Title Artisan: Fitter
- Department Maintenance
- Job Type Classification Permanent
- Location – Town / City Malalane
- Location – Province Mpumalanga
- Location – Country South Africa
The primary objective of this position is to render a maintenance service to all machines in the Extraction Plant to ensure that machines operate at the desired efficiency level in order to achieve planned production targets.
- Completed a recognized apprenticeship as Fitter or Fitter and Turner or Millwright
- Qualified Artisan with at least a N2 qualification (Fitter or Fitter and Turner or Millwright with strong mechanical background)
- Experience in a production extraction environment will be an advantage
- Prior knowledge of working on dewatering mills and steam turbines will be advantageous
- Must be prepared to do standby and work overtime as required
- Must be able to perform tasks individually (on standby).
- Must be able to interpret drawings and install equipment as per requirement.
- Must be able to perform RCA and fault finding.
- To be considered for appointment, candidate must be a South African citizen.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintenance of machinery and equipment, including stripping and assembling of pumps.
- Inspection and maintenance of conveying equipment including screws and belt conveyors.
- Overhauling of pumps and routing of piping.
- Maintenance of filters, valves and fans.
- Inspection and maintenance of pressure vessels.
- Carry out detailed daily inspections on mechanical equipment.
- Carry out scheduled and preventative maintenance.
- Off crop planning and maintenance.
- Comply with all safety rules, as per RCL Foods Sugar & Milling and OSHA requirements.
- Work with overhead crane, including rigging of heavy equipment.
- Standby duty as a Fitter.
- Maintain and uphold RCL Foods Sugar & Milling Quality standards (High Standard of workman ship).
- Optimize and maintain plant lubrication systems.
Close date 20 July 2018
Artisan Facebook Groups