Sappi Ngodwana seeks to employ an Electrical Technician to provide a Maintenance service to the Production Department, in his/ her area of operation
Electrical Technician (Grade 9/HRL15/S8)
REPORTING TO Head of Maintenance
- Assist the Electrical Engineer and Electrical Project engineers by performing various project work, technical investigations and management tasks
- Adjudicate quotations and participate in the selection of various contractors to ensure professional completion of cataract work
- Manage Capital and Renewal projects, this shall include liaison, supervision and motivation of project team members detailed planning, reporting and cost control
- Update plant Electrical drawings in consultation with plant Foremen
- Perform technical investigations and feasibility studies and investigates maintenance problems, producing reports containing detailed recommendations.
- Fault finding on plant and equipment not performing to OEM specifications.
- Fault finding related to plant and equipment causing production stoppages or reduced throughput capacity
- Assists with plant breakdowns where necessary and provide support to Plant Foremen, and manages sections pending situations, also carries out standby duties.
- Observes Company safety policy and procedures in accordance with OHS Act and IRCA.
- Shut implementation and supervision
- Ensure a safe working environment with the development of safety and housekeeping strategies
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Knowledge and Experience in Shut planning
- Problem solving techniques such as Route Cause Analysis (RCA’s)
- Project and contract management experience and skills
- Use and understanding of bar charts
- Competent with Capex and Renewal procedure
- Drawing compilation, filing, checking and approval
- Control system development and design
- HV/LV mill reticulation and implementation of maintenance strategy
- PLC, Coding, DCS and IT Systems is critical
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- National Diploma Electrical Engineering
- 5 years of Heavy industry experience
- 1-2 years fault finding experience
- Pulp and Paper industry maintenance experience advantageous
- Familiar with pneumatic and hydraulic systems
Closing Date: 20 June 2018
Artisan Facebook Groups