Sappi Saiccor seeks to employ suitably qualified and experienced Fitter to overhaul and maintain all mechanical equipment for all sections in Saiccor mill.
REPORTING TO the Superintendent: Mechanical
- Perform complete scheduled/planned overhaul of rotating equipment
- Perform breakdown overhauls on unplanned equipment failures
- Perform overhauls on mechanical equipment for example: pumps, gearboxes, rolls, fans, mixers, blowers, feeders, screw compressors, grabs to the required standard
- Rig up to 2.5 T during standard maintenance activities
- Identify update and review critical spares requirements and report to Section Forman.
- Complete predictive maintenance activities
- Perform standby duties and work overtime when required
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- General knowledge in overhauling of pump, fans, gearboxes, feeders, sprockets, bearing units, blowers, mixers, valves, screw conveyors, rolls, hydraulic grabs and hydraulic systems.
- Read mechanical drawings
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Basic knowledge of condition monitoring
- Attention to detail
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- NQF level 4 with Maths & Science /N3 Mechanical Engineering
- Must have completed an apprenticeship and passed a recognized trade test – Fitter
- 5 years general experience in a mechanical engineering workshop environment.
Closing Date: 09 July 2018
Artisan Facebook Groups