- Operating Division : TPT East London MPT
- Position Title : Millwright (Single Trade)
- Employee Group : Permanent
- Department : Engineering
- Location : East London
- Reporting To : Technical Supervisor
- Grade Level : I3
- Reference Number : 20002551
Position Purpose :
To repair, maintain and fault find on machinery plant and equipment in compliance with OHS act 85 of 1993 in the most cost effective manner. Ensuring optimum availability of equipment.
Position outputs :
- Diagnose faults and overhaul various components as to manufactures specifications and per Code of Practice 29. Act. 85
- of 1993.
- Carry out all maintenance, repairs and modifications on machinery plant + equipment in accordance to the requirements of
- the Code of Practice 29. Act 85 of 1993.
- To evaluate the nature, cause and oversee the repairs of breakdown + determine the optimum way of dealing with the problem to achieve a quality + cost effective solution and operational availability of equipment and downtime.
Qualifications & Experience :
- Be qualified Trade Tested Artisan (Millwright)
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Valid code 08 drivers’ license
- Physically fit to work at heights / confined spaces
- Willing to work extended hours, standby and callouts
- Code of Practice 29
- Mechanical maintenance
- Decision making
- Fault finding and inspection
- Problem solving
How to Apply
Close Date 07 June 2018
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : ELSRecruitment@Transnet.net