- Operating Division : Transnet NPA
- Position Title : Artisan – Civil
- Employee Group : Permanent
- Department : Infrastructure
- Location : Cape Town
- Reporting To : Technical Supervisor
- Grade Level : I1
- Reference Number : 10156305
Position Purpose :
The provision of an effective civil maintenance, repairs and new works service within TNPA civil Infrastructure to ensure its availability and reliability.
Position outputs :
1.Tiling (wall and floor} – marley tiles, ceramic, carpet tiles etc.
2.General plumbing including but not limited to toilet, basin, showers, sewer, remove and fit taps.
3.Remove and fit new water pipes.
4.Execute shoring as and when required
5.General Painting to building.
6.Remove and install complete geyser systems
7.Re-construct damaged manholes
8.Remove and replace defective storm water covers, drains and gutters.
9.Open blocked drains and sewerage
10.Erect/repair signposts and sign boards
Qualifications & Experience :
- High school – Grade 10
- Qualified Trade Tested Artisan in one of the building trades, i.e. Bricklaying, Carpentry, Painting or Plumbing
- Code 10 Drivers license.
- Must be a qualified Artisan in civil trades
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in a civil related field.
- Knowledge of hand tools, materials and Equipment.
- Knowledge of CHAS
- Knowledge of basic Firefighting and first aid
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organising skills
- Supervisory skills
- Working at heights
- Working in confined spaces
How To Apply
Close date 04 June 2018
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : TNPARecruitmentCPT@Transnet.net