- Job Title Boilermaker (Umbogintwini)
- Job Type Classification Permanent
- Location – Town / Site Umbogintwini
- Location – Province KwaZulu-Natal
- Location – Country South Africa
Chemical Initiatives is looking to recruit a Boilermaker to work in Umbogintwini.
Chemical Initiatives (CI), comprising 3 consolidated businesses, is the market leader in manufacturing and trading high value bulk chemical products with value-adding services. The main industry sectors are mining, industrial, paper & pulp, homecare and agriculture and the company’s key value add is achieved through innovative and flexible procurement, manufacturing, logistics and storage practices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Fabrication and welding in the workshop.
- Site or plant fabrication, erection and repair of plant, piping tank vessels and structures.
- On site construction, erection and welding of plant and equipment.
- Inspection of the plant structures.
- Use of the planned maintenance system for spares and maintenance/inspection recording.
- Undertake scheduled planned maintenance.
- Comply with Site specific safety regulations, procedures and Company rules.
- Comply with relevant safety regulations as prescribed in the OHS act.
- Preform standby duties.
- Work overtime as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Matric/Grade 12 preferred.
- Qualified – trade tested as a boilermaker with at least 5 years plant/factory experience.
- Preferably a minimum of 2 years post Apprenticeship experience.
- Boiler making and fabrication experience.
- Experience in working with pipes, structures, tanks and pressure vessels.
- Welding experience.
- Computer literate for planned maintenance system and email.
How to Apply
Close date 05 June 2018