The Senior Electrical Technicians will assist in managing the electrical infrastructure with focus on sustaining and continuously improving the existing infrastructure and developing new processes providing both a technical and commercial resource.
Responsible for electrical distribution network, transformers, generators, feeders, capacitors and motors at the Refinery and Island View sites. includes:
- Fault investigation
Additional tasks are:-
- Undertake investigations and studies to enhance plant availability and reliability.
- Maintain electrical plant condition initiative and improvements.
- Maintain adherence and update procedures and standards for commissioning and maintenance of electrical plant.
- Develop, improve and implement effective strategies for routine and preventative maintenance.
- Take leading role in the standards committee and ensuring optimum quality suppliers and vendors.
- Training of technical and operations staff where issues of electrical discipline are concerned.
- Participate in promoting health, safety, environment, quality and housekeeping standards in section by facilitating adherence to best practices for safety, compliance with all regulations and procedures and initiate corrective action where necessary
- Assist in compiling and evaluating operational budget
- Liaise with Production, Maintenance and Projects, as well as external resources, to focus on formulating recommendations for continuous improving and optimizing processes
- Analyze breakdown trends and repeat incidents, and take part in RCA’s/ TRIPODs and other preventative initiatives
The ideal candidate should have:
- A S4 or B. Tech qualification in Electrical Engineering.
- GCC or working towards it.
- As a Diplomat, at least 5 – 10 years relevant experience as above. A PR. Tech qualification will be an advantage.
- Have good communication skills, in a service context, enabling him/her to liaise effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Be able to work as part of a team as well to build and sustain teams.
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Have good problem solving and decision making skills and be able to operate effectively within a complex environment and under pressure.
- Demonstrate initiative enabling him/her to develop and manage more efficient ways of achieving set objectives.
- Have an understanding of the basics of finance and business issues.
- Have an awareness and appreciation for health, safety and environmental issues.
How To Apply
Close date Not Specified