Millwright ( HRL 13/S9 )
The incumbent in this position will ensure optimum plant availability & efficiency by maintaining and repairing plant and equipment according to engineering specifications and safety standards.
REPORTING TO: ELECTRICAL FOREMAN
- Diagnoses, fault finds and repairs equipment failures so as to effectively minimise machine downtime
- Ensures test equipment is well maintained.
- Carries out shift work in accordance with pre planned roster.
- Carries out planned maintenance schedules to required standards.
- Checks that all relevant information for the updating of drawings is collated and is accurate and correct.
- Attends training courses as and when required.
- Covers for other multi-skilled artisans for leave, training and sick leave.
- Installation of electrical & mechanical equipment.
- Liaises with production personnel in his assigned areas and other engineering staff as and when required.
- Coaches operators on best operating practices and autonomous maintenance tasks.
- Submits suggestions for improvements within his sphere of operations.
- Participates in Shift Base Units, plant teams and focus teams.
- Reports unsafe acts and conditions to appropriate management level.
- Compiles shift report and ensure proper shift handover as per procedure.
- Adheres to the environmental policy and procedures of reducing waste, preventing spills, meeting environmental target, complying with hazardous chemical procedures and environmental legal requirements.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace.
- Investigates incidents (SHEQ) and identify root causes of Non-Conformances and corrects deviations
- Understands the SHEQ requirements of the Section
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Problem solving (3)
- Resilience (3)
- Initiative / Proactive (3)
- Self-awareness (3)
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- N3 Mechanical Engineering (4 subjects)
- Millwright Trade Test Certificate (Mechanical & Electrical)
- 5 Years qualified as an Artisan, with experience in maintenance in a heavy engineering environment
How To Apply
Closing date: 04 June 2018