Artisan Aide Electrical
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The incumbent in this position will assist the Electrician with installation, repair and maintenance of plant and equipment of the designated area according to engineering specifications and safety standards.
REPORTING TO : Electrical Foreman
- Ensures test equipment is well maintained
- Carries out planned maintenance and preventative maintenance schedules to required standards
- Reports unsafe conditions and acts to appropriate management level
- Attends training as per Artisan Aide Development Program as & when required.
- Assists artisan with installation, repair and maintenance of plant and equipment
- Carries out standby duties & shift work in accordance with pre planned roster
- Ensures work is carried out in a safe standard & reports any unsafe conditions to the appropriate management level.
- Implements continuous improvement in areas of operation.
- Carries out reasonable tasks and instructions given by line management
- Familiarize new employees to their area of work & workshops
- Responsible for lost or damaged tools issued by Company
- Investigates incidents (SHEQ) and identify root causes of Non-Conformances and corrects deviations.
- Understands the SHEQ requirements of the Section
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all time
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Problem solving
- Initiative / Proactive
- Aptitude for hand skills
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 / Matric Certificate and
- N2 Engineering Certificate (4 subjects) (N3 Desirable) or NCV Level 4 Electrical
- Two years Engineering experience in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Overhead crane operation advantageous
- Elconop Level 1 advantageous
- Electrical test instruments
Details On How To Apply
Closing date: 25 May 2018