Machine Specialist Electrical
- Reference Code: SAB-ZA-26167
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Location: Rosslyn Production
- Country: South Africa
- City: Rosslyn
Key Purpose Statement
To maintain, repair and optimise plant and associated devices to ensure plant availability and product quality at minimum cost without sacrificing standards.
- N6 Mechanical Engineering, N6 Electrical Engineering or ND: Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Trade test qualification in Electrical or Millwright
- Wireman’s licence
- Knowledge or experience of working in a production environment particularly in FMCG
Output and Accountabilities
- Partake in cleaning, lubrication and inspection in accordance with the maintenance schedule issued by the Maintenance Planner.
- Carry out routine maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule.
- Where problems have been uncovered during routine maintenance, these must be resolved using the appropriate problem solving techniques.
- If required, additional resources may be called in to assist.
- Where problems have been uncovered, and it is required to include the work in the planned maintenance schedule, this must be communicated to the Maintenance Planner.
- Carry out condition monitoring activities where these have been allocated to the Technician in accordance with the CM schedule
- On request, partake in carrying out running repairs on plant and equipment, or support the Shift Artisans in carrying out repairs.
- When carrying out repairs, assess the problem and determine a course of action
- Where required, specialist assistance may be called in. This may include internal resources such as Instrument Technicians, or external resources such as Contractors or Suppliers.
- Where repairs indicate that major work is required, such as re-wiring a motor, this must be transferred to the engineering workshop for attention.
- Verify that where running repairs have been carried out, this has addressed the problem.
- Complete the administration tasks relating to any running repairs that the Technician has carried out. This includes all SAP inputs.
- Where running repairs cannot be carried out, communicate this to the Maintenance
- Planner to ensure the work is planned into the next planned window
- Where problems have occured during routine activities, apply the correct problem solving approach to resolve.
- Where required, call in additional resources to assist in problem solving or escalate to the Manitenance Planner or Engineer for direction.
- Assist fellow team members to resolve problems on request.
- Take part, as functional expert, in FFA’s on request
HOUSEKEEPING AND SAFETY
- Operate in a safe manner at all times, and identify and highlight unsafe work practices so that these may be corrected
- Carry out work according to the work instructions and adhere to appropriate SAB policies and procedures. Carry out
- housekeeping tasks, and apply 5S principles during the execution of duties
Details On How To Apply
Closing date: 18 May 2018