- Vacancy: Milling – Pretoria
- General Worker
A vacancy exists for a Silo General Worker at Milling in Pretoria West. The position will report to the Silo Manager.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Correct offloading of all road vehicles as per Silo operating procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Matric with mathematics
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Mechanical Knowledge
- Physical ability
- Verbal and written communication
- Record keeping and organizational skills
- Administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Logical thinking
Duties & Responsibilities
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to safety, food safety regulations and requirements as per company policies and FSMS.
- Ensure unsafe operation acts are reported immediately.
- Ensure all safety regulation pertaining to offloading of road vehicles are adhered to all times on shift as stipulated in the silo operating procedures.
- Ensure all road vehicles are offloaded correctly and swept clean as per Silo operating procedures.
- Assist with general silo duties as needed.
- Assist any contractor delivering grain by closing his offloading flaps if necessary.
- Ensure that housekeeping in work area is maintained according to FSMS.
- Active involvement in Silo maintenance during maintenance periods.
- Clearing of machines carried out regularly as per Silo operating procedures and instructions by Departmental Head.
- Ensure any documentation pertaining to road offloading is correctly filled
Details on How To Apply
Close date 10 May 2018