- Position: Day-shift Artisan
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Location: Ibhayi Brewery
- Country: South Africa
- City: Port Elizabeth
Key Purpose Statement
- To maintain, repair and optimise plant and associated devices to ensure plant availability and product quality at minimum cost without sacrificing standards.
- Trade Tested Millwright (with a strong electrical bias).
- Minimum N5 Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (with intention to move towards N6).
- Matric with Maths and Science
- 2 years’ experience in an FMCG Environment.
- Packaging experience highly advantageous.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE IN THIS POSITION ARE:
- Physically fit (Physically demanding environment)
- Ability to self-manage, with initiative and bias for action
- Enquiring and analytical thinking abiity
- Problem solving ability
- Great attention to detail with the ability to prioritise
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in teams
- Prepared to work
- Output and Accountabilities
- Provide specialist support to the shift based teams during operations. This will include standby and day shift support.
- Where requested, assist as a functional expert in problem solving.
- Where requested, provide guidance and advice to the shift based teams on machine operation, machine fault finding and
- correct responses to machine failure modes.
- Where requested, provide coaching, mentoring and knowledge transfer of machine operation to shift based teams.
- Assess Operators and Artisans ability to carry out tasks.
- Take part, as functional expert, in regional and central office plant optimisation trials.
- Adhere to work practices that support shift based teams
- Assist fellow team members to resolve problems on request
- Take part, as functional expert, in AB reports on request.
- Where necessary, call in additional resources to assist in problem solving or escalate to the Engineering Controller for
- Analyse machine performance, conduct loss and waste analysis and develop action plans to improve performance
HOUSEKEEPING AND SAFETY
- Operate in a safe manner at all times, and identify and highlight unsafe work practices so that these may be corrected
- Carry out work according to the work instructions and adhere to appropriate SAB policies and procedures
- Carry out housekeeping tasks, and apply 5S principles during the execution of duties
Closing date: 14 May 2018