- Job Title Fitter
- Department Engineering
- Job Type Classification Permanent
- Location – Town / City Hammarsdale
- Location – Province KwaZulu-Natal
- Location – Country South Africa
RCL FOODS is seeking an experienced and trade tested Fitter to join the Engineering team at our Hammarsdale P1 Site. The fitter would report to the Plant Engineer. The successful candidate would need to have excellent technical knowledge and be responsible for complying with safety requirements.
- A Mechanical Trade Test
- 3 to 5 years post trade experience is essential
- Be prepared to work shifts, public holidays and overtime (including weekend overtime), with standby responsibilities.
- Must have a clear criminal record
- Ability to communicate in English with good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to do machining as well as welding will be advantageous
- Physically fit and able to work in cold conditions, typically to –40 Degree Celsius for short periods.
- Safety conscious and highly efficient
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct Mechanical adjustments, maintenance and repair of plant and machinery.
- Service, repairs and maintenance of all Mechanical equipment
- Perform Start-up and shutdown of plant and machinery daily.
- Ensure cost efficiency of repairs.
- Upgrade equipment for improved performance at a reduction of maintenance costs.
- Maintenance of refrigeration cooling equipment.
- Optimization and faultfinding on Mechanical equipment
Close date 21 May 2018