- Position Title: Electrician CP Coalbrook
- Employee Group: Permanent
- Department: TEC, Maint. Cathodic Protection, CBK
- Location: Coalbrook
- Reporting To: Cathodic Protect Field Technician Coalb
- Grade Level: I3
- Reference Number: 40000895
The incumbent of this post is responsible for electrical maintenance and repairs of the pipeline in classified locations and potentially explosive atmospheres to international standards.
Position outputs :
- PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE
- DEFECT REPAIR
- Cathodic Protection
Key roles included: Installation, monitoring and maintenance of a remote monitoring system.
- Maintenance, fault-finding and repairs on Transnet pipeline rectifier units.
- Carrying out duties in and around petrochemical environments.
- CP Tests and surveys (Soil resistivity, PCM, Data logging)
- CP installations (General)
- Take responsibility for the installation, commissioning and maintenance of systems which form part of projects countrywide
- Interpret Electrical drawing and panel wiring
- Test insulation Flange, CP bonding and wrapping
- And all other CP related equipment
- REFURBISHMENT AND MODIFICATION OF ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
- HIGH VOLTAGE EQUIPMENT
- INTELLIGENT PIGGING
Monitor an Intelligent Pigging process during a pipeline survey by identifying suitable monitoring points, installing monitoring devices, observing the actual time of arrival of the Intelligent Pig, reporting the relevant information to all role players timeously as well as undertaking defect repairs.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Trade Test Electrical (3 years) with 3 years Electrical on the Job experience. Must have adequate knowledge of Cathodic
- Protection and Electrical equipment in a Petrochemical environment to be able to function on his/her own. The following
- courses must be passed with practical on the job experience during the three years’ experience in TRANSNET PIPELINES.
- Computer literate SAP Course in Plant Maintenance (MM & IM Modules).
- Inventory, Word Excel, etc.
- High Voltage safety instructions (A-Brown) Thereafter a person has to get practical experience (training) on depots in the
Close date 15 May 2018
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)