Lanxess seeks to hire qualifying candidates for Apprentice Electrician. The company will provide workplace experiential training in order to obtain experience and quality as an electrician.
- Work closely with mentor and coach assigned to you
- Familiarise yourself with the plant layout
- Must study the SOP of the section and write tests
- Assist in selection and collection of appropriate, material, method, equipment and tools necessary to complete the job.
- Follow instructions from electrician (mentor) and perform duties as required
- Assist in doing minor repairs to complete components to verify that equipment is running and
controlling to the maximum equipment efficiency
- Tests electrical and equipment’s and parts for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Assist in repairing electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, lighting and alternative electrical parts
- Assist in doing preventive maintenance and testing of electrical systems (including power distribution equipment)
- Assist in working on electrical failures and replacing components wherever production time is often affected
- Must learn how to start up and shut down the equipment in the specific area
- Ensure safety standards are maintained and adhered to
- Grade 12 with Math and science
- N3 Electrical
- Good communication skills
Close date 03 May 2018
Interested candidates can email their application to email@example.com state the position on the subject line or submit application via internal post to: LANXESS CISA HR Department, Attention Simphiwe Sibiya.