- Operating entity: SA Ops: Natref
- Geographical area: Sasolburg, Free State, South Africa
- Role category: Process Implementation
- Position Title: Artisan: Electrical (Gr 2 or 1)
An Artisan – Electrician supports production by providing effective equipment maintenance and reliability while adhering to procedures/codes and utilising all available support resources to increase stability and maintain sustainability of the plant. The Artisan to perform Electrician work.
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, specifically as per our Employment Equity targets within Natref
Qualifications and Experience required
- Grade 12 with Maths, Science and English or N3 Maths, Science and Business English
- NQF 4 trade test with Red Seal (Must)
- NQF 4 Qualification (CHIETA/MWA preferred)
- 24 months experience as an Artisan Electrician (Wish)
- Valid driver’s licence
Specific Experience required:
- Permit to work acceptance (As recipient / executor) – where applicable
- Conduct risk assessments.
- Must have a proven Safety track record
- MS Office (excel, word)
- SAP Knowledge
- Standby requirements
- 24 months experience as an Artisan Electrician (wish)
- Adhere to all safety standards & follow safe working procedures
- Comply to quality control system requirements
- Report all non-conformances, incidents, and accidents to Foreman
- Carry out all tasks relevant to the purpose of the job
- Work shift when required
- Openly supports Sasol Values
- Must be able to read and work from Electrical drawings
- Must deliver high quality work and must maintain high productivity
- Carry out BBS observations
- Must accept challenges, and must take responsibility, and accountability for his actions
- Must maintain a safe working environment and practice good housekeeping
- Potential to act in a higher position
BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL RESULTS:
- Proven competence in pre-identified areas per
- Discipline of the plant/mine/equipment/systems (proven application of training) for Artisan Electrician.
- Fault finding.
- Understand engineering drawings
- Plant/mine specific procedures.
- Understand failure modes of discipline specific equipment.
- Proactive identification of equipment failures in advance.
TECHNICAL RESULTS: ASSET MANAGEMENT:
- Experience in LV and MV installation from 117 VAC to 11 kVAC
- Experience in LV and MV Motor control centres
- Experience in Electrical Maintenance
- Experience in Selection and Maintenance of Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas.
TECHNICAL RESULTS: QA/QC
- Conduct discipline specific QA/QC: shut downs and/or normal operations.
TECHNICAL RESULTS: ACROSS DISCIPLINE SKILLS:
- Apply competency across various environments/work teams.
- CUSTOMER AND RELATIONSHIP RESULTS:
- Influence decisions and actions of stakeholders in other departments.
- Stakeholder relationship management.
- Coaching of junior artisans in own environment/context.
- Work independently.
- Improve practices and/or equipment. Identify and implement innovative solutions to problems
- Must have safety in head and heart
- Sound knowledge of Electrical trade
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer literate
- Customer service oriented
- Good inter personal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Self motivated and disciplined
- Open to continuous training and development and learning
- Analytical thinking skills
- Good decision making skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to take the lead in team tasks
How To Apply
Close date 12th April 2018