Fitter Turner Apprenticeships
(MECHANICAL ENGINEERING LEARNERSHIP)
Faculty of Engineering & the Built Environment
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at UCT is in the process of offering a Learnership in the Mechanical Engineering workshop to two candidates entering their second year of training. The successful learners will enter
into a two-year apprenticeship agreement to enable them an opportunity to complete NQF level 2-4 in
Mechanical Engineering (Fitting and Turning). After the completion of the Learnership programme, UCT will not be
obliged to offer permanent employment to the candidates.
- Grade 12 with Mathematics, Physical Science and English.
- Completion of (or be in the process of completing) the first year of a Mechanical Engineering Learnership at an approved merSETA training provider.
- Potential to develop/acquire the technical skills necessary to successfully complete the qualification.
- Good communicator in written and spoken English.
- Ability to interact with university students, technicians and academic staff within the Department.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- Computer literacy
- Independent learning ability and initiative
- Relevant work experience (such as employment in a workshop in either an industrial or academic environment)
- CNC programme operation
- Candidates shortlisted for interview will be required to perform a skills test in the workshop.
- The appointed candidates will be required to go for health screening before they commence the Learnership.
The annual remuneration package is aligned with the standard merSETA recommended payment levels.
How To Apply
Closing date: 6 April 2018
To apply, please e-mail OR hand deliver the below documents in a single pdf file to Ms Samantha van Sensie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
- Cover letter, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
Hardcopies of the application can be dropped off with Ms Samantha Reizenburg at the Reception Desk in the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo a competency test.
Telephone: 021 650 3231 Website: hr.uct.ac.za
Address: Department of Mechanical Engineering, Level 2, Elec-Mech Building, 14 Library Road, Upper Campus,
University of Cape Town, Rondebosch, 7700 .