- Job Title: Technical Expert (Automation) – 6 Month Contract
- Personell sub area: MANUF & ASSY GR
- Location – Country: South Africa
- Location – Province: KwaZulu-Natal
- Location – Town / City: Durban
- Contract: 6 Month Contract
The successful incumbent will fulfil the necessary requirements within the Maintenance department to meet the company’s objectives by providing plant availability to ensure a facility that enables the production of vehicles of quality standard, in a cost effective manner.
Key Job Functions
- Safety – Ensure compliance to company SHE standards for facilities, equipment & systems
- Fault diagnostics & Repairs on: Robots, PLC equipment, Jigs & Fixtures, Motors, Spinning Machines, Tube Bending Machines, Leak testers, Welding Equipment, DB’s, Lights, Fans, Co2 Machines, Pedestal and Portable welders & All Plant facility equipment.
- Condition Monitoring – must be able to monitor the condition of sophisticated automatic machinery and implement and conduct pro-active repairs and actions.
- Improvement of equipment – must be able to initiate root cause analysis and implement countermeasures to prevent re-occurrences and improvements.
- Adherence to company ISO requirements, Quality control systems and Toyota standards
- Development of apprentices, pupil technicians and staff
- Legal Compliance activities for Plant
- Cost reduction and environmental kaizens
- Stable production including MTTR and MTBF improvement
- Involvement in upgrades, new equipment, new models and kaizen activities
- Root cause analysis on robotic welding defects
Qualifications and Experience
- N5 Qualification plus Trade Test – Electrical or Millwright or both with preferable 5 years post apprenticeship experience in a manufacturing environment OR National Diploma with preferable 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good technical knowledge of automated control systems is essential
- Good working knowledge of Hydraulics, Pneumatics, and Electro-pneumatic equipment
- PLC, Robotic, CNC and Servo Control based programming and fault diagnostics is essential
- SCADA and HMI development highly advantageous
- Welding plant experience essential.
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 and ISO 14001 requirements
- High level of computer literacy
- Project Management / new model introduction experience would be advantageous
- Must be prepared to work shifts, overtime and standby as and when required.
- Accurate information gathering and analysis
- Awareness and commitment to our mission
- Strategic reallocation of resources and review of work methods
- Suitable assignment and objective performance review
- Communication and sharing of mid to long term plans
- Establishing framework and systems for organizational learning
- Awareness of situations and decisiveness
- Innovative vision
- Feedback of evaluation results and long-term development of others
- Stress tolerance
How to Apply
Closing Date: 2018/04/10