Sasol invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Instrument Mechanician. The company will provide remuneration and benefits relevant and appropriate to the position.
- Name of Position: Artisan: Instrument Mechanician
- Role Category: Process Implementation
- Geographical area: Secunda
- MSP Position
End date: 23 February 2018
Ensure continuous plant availability through effective maintenance and scheduled activities.
Specific Experience required:
- Bentley Nevada and IRD vibration monitoring equipment.
- Instrument maintenance experience in a chemical/industrial environment preferred
- Experience on Petro-Chemical equipment would be an added advantage.
Qualifications and expertise required (Must):
- Grade 12/N3 with English, Maths and Science
- NQF4 Trade test /NQF4 Chieta /MQA Certificate ( (Instrument/ Electronics)
- A Valid Driver’s License
Required outputs: Functional
- Maintenance on instrument and vibration monitoring equipment.
- EX and IS inspections.
- Fault finding.
- Prepared to work overtime when needed.
- Prepared to do standby.
- Good housekeeping.
- Personal Development in trade.
- Conduct instrument modifications / upgrades on existing instrument installations.
- Conducting loop checks.
- Conduct Technical inspections.
- Ensure continuous equipment availability through effective maintenance and calibration of instrumentation equipment (water and ambient quality).
- Ensure safety on area of responsibility.
- Manage and control spares
- Perform modifications where necessary.
- Root cause analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of basic process of plant.
- Basic knowledge of pumps, turbines and compressors.
- Safety Management.
- Report non-conformances.
- Training of Assistants.