Glencore invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Glencore Electrician. The company will provide remuneration and benefits relevant and appropriate to the position.
- Position: electrician
- Ref no.: TOC2018-003
Closing date 23 February 2018
The purpose of this role is to ensure that repairs and maintenance of the dragline and electrical equipment is carried out as per schedule
and when breakdowns occur.
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification.
- Electrical Trade Certificate.
- Medium and high Voltage training.
- Drivers Licence (Code EB / 08).
- 5 Years’ experience in an Opencast Operation Dragline section.
- Knowledge of Electrical Maintenance and fault finding essential on 22KV and 6.6 KV reticulation, 10MVA, 5MVA, 1.25MVS
- and 630KVA substations, 1570W Bucyrus Draglines, overburden and In Pit drills (diesel), Pit Viper, DMM02 and DMM30,
- workshops, overhead cranes, boreholes, diesel and electrical pumps, PLC and infrastructure.
Key Behavioural Competencies
- Is meticulous in finding errors; ensures accuracy by being thorough and checking details; produces high quality work by being detailed.
- Ability to analyse problems and strive to find solutions.
- Ability to apply practical skills when investigating issues. Has a preference for learning by doing and is practically minded and applies common sense.
- The successful candidate must be in possession of a valid certificate of fitness or be fit enough to obtain one prior to commencement in this role as this is a requirement of the Mine Health & Safety Act.
The key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining and repairing of electrical equipment and safety circuits.
- Performing standby and breakdown related duties.
- Adhering to HSEC requirements.
- Performing housekeeping activities in the work area.
How to Apply
By applying for the position, you consent to Glencore collecting, storing, using, destroying and processing in any other manner personal information for purposes of attending to this advertisement, and/or all matters relating thereto, including the disc losure to third parties of such personal information for purposes of confirming such personal information. In the event you do not hear from the Company within a period of 21 days after the closing date of applications, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful. The CV’s of unsuccessful candidates will not be returned.