Process Plant Trainee
Anglo American invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position Process Plant Trainee. The company will provide remuneration and benefits relevant and appropriate to the position.
- Job Number: 723799
- Business Unit / Group Function: De Beers Group
- Work type: Full Time Permanent
- Discipline: Processing
- Location: Northwest Territories
- Site: Gahcho Kué
Closing Date 07 March 2018
The De Beers Canada Gahcho Kué Mine has three exciting training opportunities for those interested in an on-the-job training program. The Trainees will gain knowledge, skills and abilities to complete specific Process Plant departmental objectives at the Gahcho Kué mine site in a safe and efficient manner. The ideal candidate is someone with no experience in mining but has a mechanical aptitude and a willingness to apply themselves in a learning environment.
What the Role Entails:
- Classroom and on-the-job learning from experienced process plant operators;
- Learning and conducting safe operation and maintenance of equipment;
- Learning and following security policies and procedures;
- Learning how to read plant conditions and parameters and communicating them to the Control Room Operator;
- Learning what to do when something deviates from what is supposed to take place; and
- Performing physical inspections of equipment.
What you Need for this Role:
- Member of Tlicho Government, Yellowknives Dene First Nation, Lutsel K’e Dene First Nation, Deninu Kué First Nation, North Slave Métis Alliance or Northwest Territory Métis Nation;
- Ability and willingness to work in both outdoor and indoor environments;
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written form;
- Ability to work with a team of operators;
- Willingness to learn;
- Mechanical inclination; and
- Commitment to safe work practices.
What you will learn in the trainee program:
- Operating equipment such as Bobcats, jaw crushers, conveyor belts, scrubbers, slurry and water pumps, cyclones, x-rays and laser sorters;
- Thickening and water management processes, material classification, ore crushing and preparations;
- Checking and monitoring parameters of circuits throughout the operation; and
- Startup/shutdown procedures.