Diesel Mechanic Artisan Vacancy
SASOL invites all qualifying applicants to apply for the Diesel Mechanic Artisan Vacancy. The opportunity will afford the applicants a vast of knowledge and experience to compete and be recognized on the industry as one among the best.
- Business Unit: UBE Mining, Middelbult Shondoni
- Geographic Location: Secunda
- Role Category: Process Implementation
Closing Date: 24 January 2018
Purpose of the job:
Management of the maintenance process in area of responsibility to enable mining teams to reach production targets within the principles of QCDSM.
Required outputs: Functional
- Candidates will Deliver products and service in accordance with customer requirements.
- Candidates will Maintain a healthy and safe work environment.
- Candidates will do Maintenance of mining equipment.
- Candidates will Liaise with Service Provider using the equipment.
- Candidates will do Standby
- Candidates will do Fault finding in Diesel equipment
- Candidates will Team work
- Candidates will do Training of operators and hired labour.
- Candidates will Manage fleet of Diesel Machinery, tractors, LHD.s.
Qualifications and expertise required (Must):
- Candidates must have Grade 12 / N3 (with Maths AND Science AND English/Business English).
- Candidates must have NQF4 Diesel Mechanic Trade Test
- Candidates must have Valid driver’s license.
- Candidates must have Flameproof Certificate
- Candidates must have Gas Testing Certificate
Specific experience required:
- Candidates must have 2-5 years’ experience as a qualified Diesel Mechanic.
- Candidates must have Mining equipment experience (Diesel Machinery, tractors, LHD’s).
- Candidates must have Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
Personal Attributes: Competencies (skills, knowledge and characteristics):
- Candidates must be Self-Motivated
- Candidates must be Customer orientated
- Candidates must have Ability to work unsupervised
- Candidates must be able to Team work with other disciplines
- Candidates must have Ability to work under pressure
- Candidates must be Computer literate