SABMiller invites all qualifying applicants to apply for the vacancy of Artisan Conveyor. The opportunity will afford the applicants a vast of knowledge and experience to compete and be recognized on the industry as one among the best.
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Location: Polokwane Production
- Country: South Africa
- City: Polokwane
Closing date: 12 December 2017
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide
Key Purpose Statement
To maintain, repair and optimise plant and associated devices to ensure plant availability and product quality at minimum cost without sacrificing standards.
- Minimum NTC#/N5 Technikon qualification
- Trade test qualification in Electrical, Mechanical or Millwright
- Knowledge or experience of working in a production environment
Output and Accountabilities
- Provide specialist support to the shift based teams during operations.
- This will include standby and day shift support.
- Where requested, assist as a functional expert in problem solving. This must be undertaken in support of the process artisan
- Where requested, provide guidance and advice to the shift based teams on machine operation, machine fault finding and correct responses to machine failure modes
- Where requested, provide coaching, mentoring and knowledge transfer of machine operation to shift based teams
- Take part, as functional expert, in regional and central office plant optimization trials
- Take part in maintenance planning meeting, contributing suggestions and clarifying work required
- Carry out work during the planned maintenance window in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule issued by the planner
- Where scheduled work cannot be completed, feed back to the maintenance planner for direction. This may involve rescheduling the work or prioritizing outstanding work
- Assist fellow team members in the execution of their tasks in during planned maintenance windows.
- Partake in maintenance post mortems to feedback problems, opportunities and learnings from maintenance activities
- Partake in cleaning, lubrication and inspection in accordance with the maintenance schedule issued by the Maintenance Planner
- Carry out routine maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule
- Where problems have been uncovered during routine maintenance, these must be resolved using the appropriate problem-solving techniques. If required, additional resources may be called in to assist.
- Where problems have been uncovered, and it is required to include the work in the planned maintenance schedule, this must be communicated to the Maintenance Planner.
- Carry out condition monitoring activities where these have been allocated to the Technician in accordance with the CM schedule
- On request, partake in carrying out running repairs on plant and equipment, or support the Shift Artisans in carrying out repairs
- When carrying out repairs, assess the problem and determine a course of action
- Where required, specialist assistance may be called in. This may include internal resources such as Instrument Technicians, or external resources such as Contractors or Suppliers
- Where repairs indicate that major work is required, such as re-wiring a motor, this must be transferred to the engineering workshop for attention
- Verify that where running repairs have been carried out, this has addressed the problem
- Complete the administration tasks relating to any running repairs that the Technician has carried out. This includes all SAP inputs
- Where running repairs cannot be carried out, communicate this to the
- Maintenance Planner to ensure the work is planned into the next planned window
- Where problems have occurred during routine activities, apply the correct problem solving approach to resolve
- Where required, call in additional resources to assist in problem solving or escalate to the Maintenance Planner or Engineer for direction
- Assist fellow team members to resolve problems on request
- Take part, as functional expert, in FFA’s on request
HOUSEKEEPING AND SAFETY
- Operate in a safe manner at all times, and identify and highlight unsafe work practices so that these may be corrected
- Carry out work according to the work instructions and adhere to appropriate SAB policies and procedures
- Carry out housekeeping tasks, and apply 5S principles during the execution of duties
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional /relevant information ascriteria for short-listing.
How To Apply