Artisan Senior Mechanical Fitter
Sasol has opportunity for qualifying candidates to work as Artisan Senior Mechanical Fitter. All applicants from various areas are invited to apply and join the leading team on the industry. The opportunity will afford the candidates a well-groomed experience to enhance their careers and be more competitive. Applicants are advised to fully provide evidence as required
- Business Unit: Natcos
- Location: Kwa-Zulu Natal, Isipingo
- Reports to: Section Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Level: Level 8
closing Date: 14 November 2017
Level of Experience
- Artisan Gr 1: Mechanical Fitter – 18 months experience as an Artisan Fitter Gr 1: Mechanical Fitter
- Senior Artisan – Mechanical Fitter – 24 months experience as an
- Artisan Fitter gr 1
An Artisan – Mechanical Fitter supports production by providing effective equipment maintenance and reliability while adhering to procedures/codes, and utilizing all available support resources to increase stability and maintain sustainability of the plant and/or equipment.
Qualifications and expertise required (Must)
- Applicants must have a Grade 12 with Maths, Science and English or N3 with Maths, Science and Business English
- Applicants must have NQF 4 Qualification(CHIETA/MQA preferred)
- Applicants must have Section 28 trade tested artisan, appointed after RFL completed
- Fitter red seal qualification of Olifantsfontein (Wish)
- Applicants must have Completed plant specific practical evaluation (assessment panel agreed upon)
- Applicants must have Code 08 driver’s license
- Applicants must have Knowledge of Permit to work acceptance and risk assessment (As recipient/executor)
- Applicants must have Basic computer literacy (MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Applicants must have SAP Knowledge
- Applicants must have Standby requirements
Required Outputs: Functional
- Applicants must Adhere to all safety standards & follow safe working procedures
- Applicants must Comply to quality control system requirements
- Applicants must do Inspection of plant equipment
- Applicants must perform Fault finding on mechanical equipment
- Applicants must Carry out all tasks relevant to the purpose of the job
- Applicants must Perform standby duties & work over time when required
- Applicants must maintain a safe working environment and practice good housekeeping
- Applicants must have Basic knowledge of production process
- Applicants must Passion to be fitter and work with hand tools.
- Applicants must Strong physical ability
- Applicants must Carry out BBS Observations
Business and financial results
- Applicants must have Proven competence in pre-identified areas of the plant/equipment
- Applicants must be able to Use SAP in the plant maintenance
- Applicants must have Relevant plant basic process knowledge (defined per discipline).
- Applicants must Make and facilitate task risk assessments
- Share knowledge with junior artisans in known environment/context.
- Compliance to Plant Specific Technical training matrices and task observations (Foreman & Training personnel feedback)
- Sign off job cards, permits, inspection checklists, etc. Conduct quality equipment/plant inspections. (Job cards initiated from inspection).
- Work management adherence (Can explain to Foreman).
- Improve practices and/or equipment. Identify and implement innovative solutions to problems
- Ability to improve working with all different types of hand tools and machinery related to trade
- Applicants must Understand and be committed to STAR work management process.
- Applicants must have Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Applicants must have Ability to work under pressure.
- Applicants must have Good interpersonal skills.
- Applicants must have Good problem solving skills.
- Applicants must be self-motivated.
- Applicants must have Planning, organising and co-ordination skills.
- Applicants must be Goal/achievement orientation.
- Applicants must be Openness to continuous learning.
- Applicants must have Value-based behaviour
- Applicants must Liaise with production.
- Applicants must Maintain a safe working area and good housekeeping,
- Applicants must be Job matured.
- Applicants must have Sense of ownership
- Applicants must be Able to work independently.
- Applicants must be Proactive identification of equipment failures in advance.
- Applicants must Work according to work permit RSA
- Applicants must Maintain mechanical seals
- Applicants must Have Good physical strength and health
- Applicants must have Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Applicants must have Good inter personal skills
- Applicants must have Skills in Planning, Organizing, Leading, and Control of resources and his work
- Applicants must have Good problem solving skills
- Applicants must be Self-motivated and disciplined
- Applicants must have Good decision making skills
- Applicants must have Ability to work under pressure and use heavy hand tools
- Applicants must be a team player
- Applicants must be able to take the lead in team during shutdowns
- Applicants must be Team orientated
- Applicants must be Analytical thinker
How To Apply