Artisan Diesel Mechanic
Sasol invite qualifying candidates to apply for a vacant as Artisan Diesel Mechanic. The opportunity will afford the applicants a vast of exposure on the field and be awarded with best experiences. The Business Unit for the post in Secunda Chemical Operations.
- Job Title: Artisan: Diesel Mechanic
- Business Unit: SCO
- Location: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Closing Date: 27 October 2017
Diesel Mechanic vacancies based in Site Services- Engineering Workshops, Secunda Chemicals Operations. Since this position is based in Secunda, South Africa and relocation to the Secunda area is a requirement.
Purpose of the job
Management of the maintenance process in area of responsibility to enable Petrol & Diesel teams to reach production targets within the principles of QCDSM.
Required outputs: Functional
- Applicants will have to Deliver products and service in accordance with customer requirements.
- Applicants will have to Maintain a healthy and safe work environment.
- Applicants will have to perform Maintenance of Diesel/Petrol Machinery and vehicle, tractors, Forklifts equipment.
- Applicants will have to Liaise with Service Provider using the equipment.
- Applicants will have to do Standby duties
- Applicants will have to conduct Fault finding in Diesel, heavy, light diesel equipment and industrial equipment
- Applicants will have to do Team work
- Applicants will be capable of Acting as foreman
- Applicants will conduct Training of maintenance operators and hired labour.
- Applicants will Manage fleet of Diesel/Petrol Machinery and vehicle, tractors, Forklifts, LHD.s.
Qualifications and expertise required (Must)
- Applicants must have Matric/Grade 12 / N3 (with Maths, Physical Science and English). (must)
- Applicants must have NQFL4 Qualified Diesel Mechanic with trade test
- Applicants must have Valid driver’s license. ( Code 14 will be added advantage)
Specific experience required
- Applicants must have 3-5 years of experience as a qualified Diesel Mechanic.
- Applicants must have Ability to read and interpret engineering/ schematic drawings.
- Applicants must have Supervision experience (wish).
- Applicants must have Experience on forklift, Heavy and light diesel vehicle
- Applicants must have Experience on forklifts (will be added advantage)
- Applicants must have Experience on hydraulic system
Competencies (skills, knowledge and characteristics)
- Applicants must be Self Motivated
- Applicants must be Customer orientated
- Applicants must have Ability to work unsupervised
- Applicants must be able to Team work with other disciplines
- Applicants must have Ability to work under pressure
- Applicants must be Computer literate