Limpopo provincial Government Bursary
Qualifying applicants are invited to apply for a Limpopo provincial Government Bursary to initiate or continue with their studies in the south African universities or technikon.
Limpopo Province experiences a shortage of qualified Engineers, technicians and other needed scarce skills to establish, maintain and manage Government office building, efficiently.
Eligibility for Consideration
Candidates must be
- South African students residing in Limpopo Province.
- Students attending to or already studying towards a degree/diploma at a recognized South African tertiary institute and within the built environment.
- Able to provide proof of academic results for grade 12 or alternatively be in possession of an acceptable alternate qualification.
- Final year students at institutions of higher learning
- Accepted by the university/technikon
Bursaries Available/Targeted Areas
- Quantity Surveying;
- Building Engineering / Science;
- Architectural Science;
- Construction Management;
- Mechanical Engineering;
- Electrical Engineering;
- Town and Regional Planning;
- Civil Engineering;
- Landscaping / Horticulture;
- Information Communication Technology / Information Science;
- Asset Management;
- Financial Management / Auditing / Risk Management;
- Property and Facility Management / Real Estate;
- Human Resource Management;
- Communications / Journalism / Media Studies
- All applications must be for the next academic year.
- Applicants will not be considered for a bursary if he/she previously failed unless he/she re-writes or repeats at his/her own expenses.
- Applicants must have Grade 12 with Mathematics and Science or NTC 3 (National Technical Certificates).
- Applicants must be South African Citizen.
- Applications from designated groups will be given preference.
- Schedules are compiled for selection process.
- Training Committee will convene a meeting for the selection of candidates.
- Successful candidates will be notified in writing and advised to sign a bursary agreement with the Department before payments could be made.
Proof of registration with particular tertiary institution should be submitted.
Payment is made after receiving the statement of account from the institutions.
Payments are therefore made in respect of the following items
After completion of studies, a student is compelled to serve the number of year’s equivalent to years of sponsorship.
Refund of the Bursary
Failure to comply with the provisions of the bursary agreement will result in the Bursary having to refund immediately all amounts (plus interest) paid by the Department.
The closing date for applications is 31 October every year.