Senior ConMon Specialist
Sasolburg is inviting qualifying candidates to apply for a vacant to work as Senior ConMon Specialist.
- Role Category: Process Optimisation
- Business Unit: UBE: Mining, Bosjesspruit
- Geographical Area: Secunda
Closing date of advert: 15 September 2017
PURPOSE OF JOB / ROLE INTENT:
Support the Condition monitoring team to maintain and execute a predictive maintenance program for the mine / plant to determine the health status / condition of machinery/equipment and to identify deviations and implement corrective actions. The Senior ConMon Specialist gain experience over time to be appointed at Senior ConMon level when all agreed criteria are met and successful completion of the Principal Specialist competency test.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Drivers Licence code 8
- Valid red-ticket
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Qualified Artisan (Electro-mechanic preferred) Mechanical or Electrical essential
- Study towards National Diploma (N4 /S1)
- Vibration 2 (Mobius)
- Lubrication engineering (SAIT)
- Oil Analysis level 2 (ABB)
- Thermography level 1
- MCA – In-house
- Database set-up (In-house)
- Ultrasound level 2
CORE ELEMENTS OF JOB:
Execute conmon Technics: Vibration,Oil analysis,Thermographic imaging, Lazer alignment and wall thickness tests
- Do vibration analysis on all rotating equipment as determined by the Maintenance Management Team
- Set up vibration criteria, alarm levels, frequencies and database for equipment
- Do vibration analysis on selected equipment at suppliers before dispatch to the relevant Mine or Department
- Set up and execute a complete oil analysis program as determined by the Maintenance Management Team
- Set up a database, frequencies and alarm levels for equipment
- Set up criteria and monitor the oil distribution system at Department or Mine, to ensure the correct cleanliness levels.
- Set up filtration standards on all hydraulic systems to ensure effective filtration systems
Do lazer alignment on all off set or angular alignment problems as detected with vibration.
Wall thickness tests
Set up and execute a complete wall thickness test program on equipment as determined by the Maintenance Management Team.
- Report all deviations detected, verbally and via the job card system to the relevant maintenance personnel.
- Use fault and equipment type summaries to emphasize problems to maintenance personnel and to determine failure tendencies.
- Weekly feedback presentations to plant
Ensure that all condition monitoring techniques are standardized as determined by the standardization workgroup.
Ensure that all condition monitoring equipment are well-maintained, serviced and calibrated, according to suppliers specifications.
Ensure that all safety procedures are adhered to at all times.
Set up training material and train maintenance personnel in the basic concepts of predictive maintenance.
Set up a performance measurement system and measure the value added by predictive maintenance techniques continuously.
- Work independently and in a team
- Solve complex technical problems
- Job Specific knowledge:
- Knowledge of machinery & equipment
- Knowledge of condition monitoring software (all techniques)
- Knowledge / navigation of SAP transactions
- Knowledgeable on Microsoft office
- Support the Condition monitoring team in executing an ultrasound predictive maintenance program to determine the condition of machinery/equipment (analysis and recommendations)
- Support the Condition monitoring team in executing thermography as part of the predictive maintenance program on the specific mine/plant (analysis and recommendations)
- Support the Condition monitoring team in executing Motor circuit analysis as part of the predictive maintenance program on the specific mine/plant (analysis and recommendations)
- Support the Condition monitoring team in executing Conveyor belt scans as part of the predictive maintenance program on the specific mine/plant (analysis and recommendations)
- Conduct lazer alignment to rectify misalignment condition on drive trains
- Compile a deviation / corrective action report for actions by engineering personnel.
- Comply to the standardization of a data-based setup and equipment standards system.
- Involvement with the Total Fluid Management program at the specific site
- Give inputs with determining root cause analysis of equipment / component failures
- Business understanding; Defend discipline value addition
- Negotiation skills and conflict resolution / Tactical
- Decision making and implementing; Improve discipline performance
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Networking; Well developed internal and external network
- Knowledge transfer and inspiring others
To Apply click here
More jobs click here